Cymbalta for Fibromyalgia
A Multi-purpose Anti-depressant
Cymbalta for fibromyalgia treatment was first approved by the FDA in 2008. It's an anti-depressant very similar to
but is also approved to treat other conditions such as depression, generalized anxiety disorder, diabetic nerve pain, chronic lower back pain and Osteoarthritis.
Cymbalta is classified as a (SNRI) which is an anti-depressant that increases the levels of serotonin and norepinephrine in the brain. These are chemicals that can help reduce pain, improve mood, and promote restful sleep.
Clinical trials have shown that Cymbalta helped significantly reduce fibromyalgia
such as pain and anxiety episodes. In addition, others also noticed increased energy levels because of improved sleeping patterns.
Below is a list of some common cymbalta side effects. They include but are not limited to:
• Dry mouth
• Decrease in appetite
• Increased sweating
An Open Dialogue
Please Note- It's extremely important that you're doctor is aware of all pre-existing conditions and medications before taking cymbalta for fibromyalgia treatment. Here are some key points to remember:
Before taking Cymbalta make sure to:
• Inform your doctor about all of your medical conditions, including kidney or liver problems, glaucoma, diabetes, seizures, or if you have bipolar disorder.
• Tell your doctor if you have high blood pressure. Cymbalta can increase your blood pressure. Your blood pressure should be checked before and after taking it.
• Make sure to tell your doctor about all medicines you're taking, including those for migraine, to address a potentially life-threatening condition.
Don't take this drug if:
• You're taking other pain relievers or blood thinners. Using these along with Cymbalta may increase the risk of bleeding
• You're pregnant or plan to become pregnant during therapy, or are breast feeding
• You're taking another antidepressant called a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) or Mellaril (thioridazine)
• You have uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma
• You use alcohol excessively
Contact your doctor immediately if:
• You experience fainting upon standing while taking Cymbalta.
• You feel unsteady, experience severe headaches, weakness, confusion, or memory problems while taking Cymbalta, which may be signs of low sodium levels
• You have trouble urinating while taking Cymbalta
• If you begin to experience itching, right upper belly pain, dark urine, yellow skin/eyes, or unexplained flu-like symptoms. These may be signs of liver problems. Severe liver problems, sometimes fatal, have been reported.
• You plan on stopping Cymbalta or changing your dose. Immediately stopping use can cause severe withdrawal symptoms, so please let your doctor know before stopping.
The FDA has taken every precaution and has sifted through extensive research in order to bring safe
available to people suffering with these chronic conditions. Many are using Cymbalta with great success.
For those of you who are looking for a more natural treatment approach, there are many other
being used today such as
The reviews by users are overwhelmingly positive. Take a look for yourself.
Return from Cymbalta for fibromyalgia page to fibromyalgia medication page
Return from Cymbalta for fibromyalgia page to fibromyalgia treatment options.com Home Page